You may need to convert your PST file in Outlook to an Excel file to do something with your data, such as creating a list of mailing addresses. The Outlook PST (personal storage table) file is a database containing your Outlook data such as contact info, calendar entries and email messages.
Export Your PST File from Outlook
- From Outlook, click the File menu and select “Import and Export.”
- Select “Export to a File” on the Import and Export Wizard.
- Select “Microsoft Excel 97-2003” as the file type to create on the Export to a File dialog box.
Your PST folders will display in a directory tree.
- Select the data you want to export from the directory tree.
For example, if you want to export your address list to Excel, select the Contacts folder.
- Type a name for your data file.
You can click the “Browse” button to view your computer and select a folder in which to save the file.
If you are exporting your contacts to Excel, you might name the file “My Contacts.”
The file type will already be “Excel 97-2003” based on your selection in step 3.
Click “OK” to save the file and click “Finish” to complete the export.
Import Your Outlook Data Into Excel
- Open Microsoft Excel.
Click the Office button and select “Open.”
- Navigate to the location of the file you created when you exported your data from Outlook.
Select the file and click “Open.”
- Your data will display in Excel, where you can work with it.
- If you exported your contacts, for example, you can work with your data in Excel to create a mailing list.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.