Checking the level of ink in an Epson inkjet printer can be done without having to remove the ink cartridges. This method works on black and white as well as color inkjet printers. Checking the level of ink can help you plan ahead when buying new cartridges.
- Install the Epson Status Monitor software. This program comes on the CD included with the printer. It can also be downloaded from the Epson Web site.
- Open the Epson Status Monitor program in any application (such as word processing, spreadsheets or Web browsers) that allows you to print. Click on the “File” menu tab in the control bar of the application.
- Select print or page setup from the “File” menu. A dialog box will open. In that box, click on the “Status Monitor” icon, which will open the “Epson Status Monitor” dialog box. Also, you can click on the “Utility” icon and then the “Epson Status Monitor” button from the “Utility” dialog box.
- Click on the “Update” button to update the display (if you do not think these levels are accurate) when the “Epson Status Monitor” dialog box displays the relative ink levels for each cartridge in the printer.
- Go back to the “Print” dialog box to change the way that the Status Monitor utility monitors your printer and ink levels. Click on the “Utility” button again.
- Click on the “Configuration” button in the “Utility” dialog box. The open “Configuration” dialog box will let you adjust settings such as ink level warnings and ink level monitoring before each printing.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.