Firefox’s themes alter how just about every aspect of the browser appears. If you just want to change the background image in the header at the top of the browser, instead of downloading an entire theme you can download a persona. Personas are available through a menu on your browser and only change the background image and color scheme for Firefox.
- Open your Firefox browser. Click the “Tools” menu at the top of the screen and choose “Add-Ons.” Your Add-ons manager will load after a few seconds.
- Select “Get Add-ons” if it is not already highlighted. On the right side of the page, you’ll see the “Featured Personas” area. Click the “See all” button in that area. A new tab will appear and will take you to Mozilla’s official persona page.
- Click on a category on the left side of the page, or type a word or phrase into the search box in the top-right corner of the page. If you select a category, you will see three groups of pictures: the recently added personas, the most popular personas and the top-rated personas. You can click on the “View all” button at the bottom of each group to see more personas.
If you used the search box, you will just see one large group of pictures based on their relevance to your search terms.
- Click on the image that you want to use as your header background. Firefox will take you to an information page where you will see when the background was added, who added it, the current user base and the overall rating. Click the “Add to Firefox” button to confirm that you want to use this persona.
- Click “Allow” at the top of the screen to confirm that you want to install this persona. Your background will then change to your new persona.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.